Sunday, October 5, 2008

One Cow Off

The other day on the way to work I saw a huge black bull right up against a fence to my right. On his hind quarters was a giant white number marked - 5807. He was like an illuminated billboard. I thought to myself, I should play that number. I guess it's been a year since I actually played the lottery other than a scratch off or two. So that night on the way home I played 5807 and that evening I went on the internet to see what numbers hit. To my surprise the number 5806 had just hit. I was one cow off. Too bad number 5806 wasn't the one standing by the roadside that day. The story of my life is one cow off or a day late and a dollart short. Oh well as long as you have fun along the way and learn to laugh at those lemons that keep getting flung at ya. You know what you can make with them don't ya? Yummy lemonade. My cousin Nancy and I think that after all the adversities hard knocks we have went through and survived still able to laugh the house roof could most likely fly away and we'd just say, oh well, we're gonna need a new roof. There's something to say about strength from surviving adversities. I just don't know how those who had to survive overwhelming trouble can do it without a strong faith in God. The faith that it will still be OK. As long as we can take a breath it will all work out in the end. I pull from that strength everyday. It helps you to always look on the bright side especially when there's not alot of bright to see. There's always at least one friend to guide you through it and brighten your day, or a little child's laughter, or a hug. No matter how small it's enough. I feel like right now I'm kind of like a weeble. I might wobble but I won't fall down.

No comments: