Saturday, October 4, 2008

Cheyenne

Good morning everyone who reads this. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I've started on my next needlefelted doll/sculpture called Cheyenne. She's going to be about a 13" indian girl that will be poseable. I've named her after my cousin Johnnie's daughter Cheyenne. She's kind of made in conjunction with my horse "The Ghost" and, when finished, she will be able to ride him should she wish. I just finished the face on her head so I've just started but I think she's going to come out great. I would like to see needlefelting grow as a craft/art form. You absolute can do so much with it. I found out that you can actually darn old favorite socks with the process so you don't have to throw them away. Just slip the sock over maybe a goose egg size and shaped styrofoam egg and needlefelt over the damaged area with a like colorwool. I've began teaching my nine, soon to be ten, year old grand daughter to needlefelt. I sit right there with her and talk her through everything for safety's sake so she doesn't injure herself but she did great with her first try, a little sheep holding on to a star from Ayala Talpai's book The Felted Needle. Now, if a nine year old can do it why not research a little about it on the net like I did. Stop in a Felt Alive. That'll get ya goin.

No comments: